The National Trust of Australia (Victoria) is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals and complying with Australia's Privacy Act 1988.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to enable us to operate as a membership organisation whose primary objective is the protection and conservation of our heritage and natural landscapes. Information we may collect is, your name, age bracket, address, phone numbers, occupation, email address, concession record, no. of children and DOB (for family membership) and area of interest such as volunteering, events etc. We may use your personal information to respond to your requests, or to contact you via mail, e-mail or phone for marketing purposes regarding products or services we offer such as promotions, services, competitions and events we may offer/hold unless you have advised us in writing that you do not wish to receive this information.
To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will:
- be bound by, and comply with, the National Privacy Principals under the Commonwealth Privacy Act, 1988 as amended by the Commonwealth Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act, 2000 in relation to personal information;
- communicate this Privacy Statement to all employees and stakeholders to ensure awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards and to anyone else who asks for it;
- ensure lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to only collect personal information that is necessary for our business purposes;
- collect sensitive information only with the individual's consent;
- not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual's consent or where we are required to do so by law;
- take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we have no further need for it or are required to do so by law;
- ensure only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep the personal information confidential have access to the information;
- take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete;
- in most cases provide individuals access to their personal information on request;
- periodically review (at least annually or if changes occur in legislation) and revise this Privacy Statement and related procedures to maintain their relevance.
The Trust recognises and respects the importance of each individual's privacy. This Statement and related procedures ensure all personal information held by The Trust is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
For what purposes do we use personal information?
Any personal details that you provide will be used for the purpose of dealing with your request, enquiry or application for employment. This may involve disclosing your personal information to companies within the Trust Group, or to service providers who assist us in operating our business. These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this policy.
The Trust will only make such disclosures to service providers to achieve the purpose for which the information was provided. Otherwise, The Trust's policy is not to disclose any personal information to any unrelated third party, except with your consent, or where we are required by law to do so.
Retention and Disposal of Information
The Trust will only keep personal information that it needs for the purpose for which it was collected. The Trust will dispose of such information when it has no further need to use it, or it is required by law to do so.
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
Please let us know if your Personal details change and if required you can access your personal information and notify us of any change, modification or correction, by contacting The TrustÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Privacy Officer at 4 Parliament Place Melbourne 3002, Ph 03 9656 9800, Fax 9650 5397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Trust of Australia (Victoria)
Adopted 9 December 2002